Meeting the needs of water companies
A complete solution from Spirit and Zebra
Spirit and Zebra have joined forces to provide a comprehensive mobile enterprise solution, designed to meet the specific needs of water companies – including the capture of data from water meters.
Our solution includes:
We offer a range of Zebra handheld mobile devices, which provide you with the perfect platform for gaining full visibility of your water meter estate:
• A long and rugged life. A choice of completely rugged mobile devices, with IP ratings that guarantee protection against harsh environmental conditions (including the ingress of water and dirt). One example is the Zebra TC75, a rugged mobile computer with an IP rating of 67. Products such as this have a ten-year life cycle (five years of manufacturer support plus five years of support following the end of sales).
• Versatile meter reading. Zebra’s state-of-the-art camera technology streamlines processes by automating the reading of analogue water meters. The company’s mobile devices incorporate image capture, including a date/time stamp of the water meter during the reading process to provide proof of visiting the customer’s property. Inventory visibility is improved by the ability to capture asset information via the integrated barcode scanning engine. Water meter locations can also be geotagged at the point of capture to facilitate future maintenance programmes.
• A range of powerful features. The specific features of Zebra’s devices vary, but include items such as a five-inch, full-colour touchscreen that supports data input with stylus, finger or gloved hand; and a ‘shift plus’ battery performance that ensures that the device will keep working throughout a normal day’s activities and beyond.
Zebra’s mobile devices include some specific software, which is complemented by Spirit’s market-leading device management platform.
• Zebra’s integrated push-to-talk communication software. This enables users to communicate with their line managers, customer service centres, etc, over data instead of voice tariffs. Some of these features require licensing at an additional cost.
• SOTI’s MobiControl. Spirit recommends MobiControl, the UK’s leading enterprise mobility management (EMM) software platform. This ensures that all of your Zebra mobile devices can be controlled and managed remotely to optimise their efficiency, security and the return on your investment. It includes powerful diagnostic tools for the remote resolution of any problems that might arise. Find out more.
Spirit’s Managed Services provide you with all the support you need for your mobile enterprise. They provide:
• A choice of support packages, tailored to meet your specific needs.
• A highly-personalised service offering, designed to give you peace of mind.
• Access to our highly-trained mobility experts, along with quarterly service reviews.
Other key features include:
• A managed helpdesk • Guaranteed SLAs • Consultancy and project management • Business continuity and disaster recovery • Infrastructure services • Provisioning • Data storage • Repair programmes and buffer stock management • Training services • Solution review • End-of-life management
You can find more details of our Managed Services here.
Find out more and request a demo
Why not give us a call on 01928 718800 to discuss your particular needs?