This is article from our technical library, if you have further questions please contact us.
iWMDC fix for Win10 – Windows CE device does not connect with Windows 10 with Creators upgrade via WMDC
Date posted: August 2018. Reference TL003
Installing Windows Mobile Device Center
32-bit – download here
64-Bit- download here
Problem: Windows 10 Creator’s update is installed WMDC still does not launch, either nothing happens or it will be stuck on the splash screen.
1. Restart your PC
2. Open services.msc
3. Go to Windows Mobile-2003-based device connectivity
4. Right click Windows Mobile-2003-based device connectivity and click Properties
5. Go to Log On Tab
6. Choose Local System Account
7. Click Apply
8. Go to General Tab
9. Press Stop and wait
10. Once stopped, press Start
11. Press OK
12. Restart your PC
13. Cross check again step 5 if it is set properly.
On your PC, open a command prompt with administrator privileges run the following 2 commands:
REG ADD HKLMSYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesRapiMgr /v SvcHostSplitDisable /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
REG ADD HKLMSYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesWcesComm /v SvcHostSplitDisable /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
If you are using Windows 10 N (without Media Player), install the Media Feature Pack for N edition of Windows 10. Version 1703
Problem: Windows Embedded Handheld device will not connect
1. On the device, open the start menu
2. Open Settings
3. Open Connections
4. Open “USB to PC”
Uncheck “Enable advanced network functionality”.
Supervising an iOS device using Apple Configurator via SOTI
Device needs to be physically connected to MAC computer with Apple configurator installed from Apple Inc.
It is recommended that devices be enrolled into MobiControl using Apple’s Device Enrollment Program where possible.
Note: Any time you enable Supervision on an iOS device, the device will be erased.
How to Supervise an iOS Device with Apple Configurator 2:
- Connect your iOS device to a Mac and launch Apple Configurator 2
- From the “Action” menu at the top of your screen, select “Prepare”
- Select “Manual” configuration
- Choose “Do not enroll in MDM” for this manual process
- Now you can check the box to Supervise your iOS device
- You can enter organization information to display details about the institution that owns this device
- Unless you have previously worked with Supervision Identities, you will simply “Generate a new supervision identity” to complete this process
- You have the option to skip steps in the Setup Assistant
- Click “Prepare” to erase the device and reboot as a Supervised device