Careers – Current vacancies
Job Description – Software Developer
Salary: Negotiable, dependent upon experience
Job Title: Software Developer
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Location: Sutton Weaver, Cheshire
Spirit is an established and expanding IT company that provides rugged mobile data capture solutions for large blue-chip clients. Further information can be found on our website – www.spiritdatacapture.com.
This varied and interesting role involves the development of systems for the mobile workforces of high-profile customers. You will be working with a team of developers, architects and business analysts and will play an integral role in the Software Solutions team. Reporting to the Development Team Leader, you will focus on existing and new product development and will use your expertise in software development to drive and implement new ideas and concepts in our business.
You will work to detailed specifications provided by our Business Analysts to meet our customers’ often challenging requirements.
Software development is a team effort, and you will be expected to play an important role in the design, implementation and release of Spirit’s off-the-shelf software products and in the creation of client-specific bespoke solutions. You will be able to maintain and develop a high level of product and technical knowledge in relevant areas to support your software design role.
The ideal candidate will have at least three years’ professional experience in a relevant industry and will be able to demonstrate expertise in the following software development areas:
- Microsoft C# and the Visual Studio 2008-2017 IDE
- MVC 4 development
- RESTful and SOAP/XML web services
- Microsoft SQL Server, competent SQL usage on DBs of 100s of tables.
- IOC / dependency injection (Windsor/Unity)
- Design patterns: N-Tier, MVC 4+, MVVM
- SOLID design principles
The following experience is also desirable but not essential:
- Xamarin smartphone development in C# using xaml
- Cordova/Phonegap, HTML 5 development
- Entity Framework / ORM
- Service Stack, WCF
Together with these technical abilities, you should also be able to:
- Use core applications (Access, Excel, Word, Outlook, Visio, MS Project)
- Demonstrate a knowledge of source code management systems/processes
- Have experience of software testing and automated test suites in a controlled software development environment.
You must demonstrate a process-oriented and high-quality approach to your work. A flexible ‘can do’ attitude, good organisational skills and a sense of pride in the job are essential. You will also be expected to assist and mentor junior developers.
- Have a professional attitude to colleagues and customers
- Have excellent communications skills
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrate a methodical and structured approach to work
- Be enthusiastic in your chosen career and personal development
- Bring a positive attitude towards the whole range of professional developer skills for example developer testing of builds and peer reviewing others’ work.
Although you will be based in our offices in Sutton Weaver, the position may require some travel – and due to the location of our offices, we recommend that you have your own transport.
Spirit Data Capture is an expanding mobile enterprise and data capture company. We aim to attract a diverse mix of people who have fresh, creative and challenging ideas. Our goal is to build on our excellence as a leader in the mobile data market in the UK and to continually enhance our creativity as an organisation. We have an informal yet professional approach and are proud of our record in developing the talented people who come to work for us. We value people who see the positive and opportunity in any situation and act positively and encouragingly towards colleagues in all situations.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to realise our clients’ expectations and would like to develop your true potential, please email your application (including a covering letter and CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spirit is ISO9001:2015 accredited and is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Proof of eligibility to work in the UK is required.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES OR TELEPHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
With your permission, we would like to keep your details on file for a period of up to 3 years as we anticipate that other roles could become available which we might consider you for. If you would like your details taken off file at any time, please email email@example.com requesting that your CV be removed from our system